EssentialsX is the essential plugin for Spigot servers, providing core features for servers of any size and scale. These features include:
- Player-made homes
- Server warps and kits, either server-wide or per-world
- Player-to-player private messages, teleports and teleport requests
- Custom player nicknames
- Various moderation tools including kicks, temporary bans, mutes and jails
- Built-in economy features including sign shops, command costs and full Vault support
In addition, EssentialsX's optional modules provide further integrated features like chat formatting, world protection, GeoIP lookup and more - see the [[Module-Breakdown|Module Breakdown]] for more information.
- [[BannerMeta|Banner Metadata]]
- [[Command-Cooldowns|Command Cooldowns]]
- [[Color-Permissions|Color Permissions]]
- Commands list (community-maintained)
- Permissions list (community-maintained)
Note: When updating EssentialsX, you need to update all the modules to the same version to prevent version mismatch errors. In addition, you may want to update your config file - the latest config file can always be found here.
Updating from Essentials 2
EssentialsX is a fork of the original Essentials project, which was discontinued in 2014. EssentialsX adds several new features over the original Essentials - [[the Improvements page|Improvements]] and EssentialsX changelogs for more information.
To upgrade from Essentials 2.14.x or earlier, stop your server, delete the old Essentials jars and replace them with the equivalent EssentialsX jars. We recommend renaming your
config.yml file to take advantage of new settings added by EssentialsX, and taking a full backup of your
plugins/Essentials/ folder. Once you restart your server, EssentialsX will create a new
config.yml and update old user data to the new format.